Thursday, April 21, 2011

My English Language Teacher, Dr. Tan

Teachers are humans. Everyone of them has her/ his own method of explaination and students treatment due to their personality. Teachers have the very important responsibility of shaping the lives of young. All teachers should always pushes students to want to do their best while at the same time trying to make learning interesting as well as creative.

If I were to describe one of my teachers I had throughout these years, the first one who comes into my mind is my English Language Teacher, Dr. Tan.

The reasons why I would like to characterise my English teacher are many. First of all, I can say that I appreciate his skills in English and that I consider him a very prepared teacher. I like the way he pronounces, the why he explains everything to us and because of this ability he can make us understand things.

Moreover, not that he is a good explainer but also gives his best in order to help students improve their English knowledge. He likes to correct us each time we make mistakes in grammar and pronounciation. For an example, he called us one by one to explain the mistakes we did in our essay and tried to tell us the correct way to write our essay in order to get 'A'. From here we can notice that he is an optimist which has the capacity of being patient with each student and try not to scream when someone does not understand something.

Besides that, he considers us good students even, for example, I do not consider myself such as a good one. May be this is a skill of him to help students feel confident in their effort of better learning a foreign language. He always encourages us to give a talk in front of all classmates to gain our confidence and improve our pronounciation.

However, even if our teacher behaves as this but there are somethings he does not like. There are our unkindness or to be noisy during the class. Therefore, we should respect him because he considers the relationship between  a teacher and his students should be very open for a better understanding of his subject. That's why he appreciates to make jokes and to listen to my classmates' jokes but not bad ones, in order to feel us closer to him. He will discussing a topic by asking my classmates' to share some experiences about that and trying to know us more.

To conclude I can say that, his lectures are well organized, interesting and his methods of teaching us are different from the other teachers. His lovely personality also contributes to the success of his teaching and lessons. He helps us to have a good time during his lesson. To repay his good teaching, I will try my best to get good result for English in coming exams. Thank you Dr. Tan!

==============================

haha
get 38 out of 50
he so generous? gave me so high marks..
or just because of I wrote his good?
haha..my oral he gave me high marks oso leh!
=D

today he get angry leh!
1st time saw him get angry
he scolded my class
all  because of lydia and frens..
lydia should be scolded by Dr. Tan one..
kept talking when he was teaching
kept making joke while he was teaching
he sure beh tahan la!
well manners teacher oso beh tahan..
u can noe how noisy they are!

==============================

----- love puiyan -----

1 comment: